Re: Fonts for NB

On 3/18/08, Paul Breeze  wrote:

> In FontCreator the metric is called 'Line Gap.' There seems no reason

Hi Paul, thanks for this information. I want to hazard a guess, based
on admittedly imperfect knowledge. Since Line Gap is a Mac-only
setting, it can't possibly be used by NB. Therefore ... merely
re-generating the fonts from the editor (which always gives a result
different from that manufactured) could be solving the problem in some
unknown way -- things like that have happened. Ah -- but this guess
must be wrong since it was already stated that NB/Win behaves
differently according to the LineGap setting. So either NB is using
this Mac setting for some reason unknown to the rest of the world, or
the info I have on line gap is crap -- - or what? I'm out of my depth
but will see more info as I can in the next few days and weeks. Only
one thing I know: all competent Win software should work with all Win
fonts and at the very least such absolute standards as Verdana and
Courier . . . . .

And yes, I can see why one would want to support NB/Win still.