RE: VirtualBox: Can't start VM

Yes, the size that both VBox and Flash Player come up in are
unacceptably small. But Parallels doesn't have that problem.

-----Original Message-----
From: xywrite-bounce@xxxxxxxx
[mailto:xywrite-bounce@xxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Bill Troop
Sent: Monday, July 28, 2014 6:44 PM
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: VirtualBox: Can't start VM

Hi Paul, I am using VMware and one of the limitations seems to be
that you can't interactively switch out of the default resolution,
which is whatever size you scale the window to be. In settings,
you can specify a different window size, and it would seem that
800x600 is the right size. I suspect it would be better to try
using VBox for this.

At 28/07/2014 23:10, you wrote:
>Are you using Virtualbox or VMware?
>
>In Vbox I would establish Scaled Mode first by using Host-C, or
>Right-CTRL+C by default, or using the View pulldown menu to
select
>Scaled Mode, then try ALT-Enter.
>
>Be sure that you have the current Virtualbox additions installed.

>Every time Vbox is upgraded to a new version, they need to be
reinstalled.

>I no longer have a functioning VMware setup, so don't know what
might
>be the equivalent there, if anything,
>
>Paul
>On 07/28/2014 05:39 PM, Bill Troop wrote:
>>Paul, is there some way for me to enter full screen other than
>>pressing Alt-Enter? Doing that gives me the mini-full-screen
which I
>>don't like. Honestly, I'm happy enough with the
>>top-to-bottom-XyWindow, but I would like to experiment with full

>>screen if it were possible to get it to work. Hasn't full screen

>>always been a challenge with laptops for some reason? (I am on a

>>laptop.) - - B
>>
>>At 28/07/2014 22:02, you wrote:
>>>Carl and all,
>>>
>>>I think I know what's going on. It's not really a true
fullscreen,
>>>because the window title bar and the taskbar are visible. I
believe
>>>this is Scaled Mode (activated thru a menu or with
RightControl-C,
>>>AKA Host-C) with XyWrite fullscreen. I can achieve something
similar
>>>in Ubuntu; see Fullscreen-Xy4-in-VBox-Scaled-mode.jpg.
>>>
>>>True fullscreen mode (RightControl-F, AKA Host-F) produces a
dismal
>>>XyWrite with ALT-Enter, see
Fullscreen-Xy4-in-VBox-Fullscreen-mode.jpg.

OK,

XyWrite
virtual Win
full-screen