Where NB has thus far missed the boat

At 19.4.18 12:11, Philip White wrote:
If there is some issue that Nota Bene has missed the boat on, let's
remedy that or port XyWrite out of the past into the present. What
does EVERYONE think?
For me and probably some others, this interesting question has to be
addressed in light of the fact that Word .doc and .docx files are the
lingua franca today. if you are going to be sharing documents
collaboratively with others in your business or profession. In that
situation, you'd better be prepared to read and write .docx files. In
my view, as an occasional user of NB 12, in order to survive, NB will
have to provide the ability to read and write .docx files with 100
percent compatibility. That's how I'd like to use NB 12 and its
successors--as a better way to produce .docx files.
When I say 100 percent compatibility, I specifically mean the ability
to read and write Word's "track changes" and marginal comments.
NB 12 will read a .doc or .docx file and will write an .rtf file. It
does not handle Word's "track chances" or marginal comments.

James