Re: Making the Transition

Well, it begins to look as if I wasted my time. The booklet I have is
apparently (from what I am told offlist) not the real one. And it is,
I find, riddled with erroneous cross-refs to the CRG and the CG (which
in any event, being to page numbers, will be irrelevant, since the
pagination in Bry's PDF of the CG differs from that in the original).
It also strikes me a very badly arranged, having several repetitions.
The one good thing that may have come out of this is that I when I
OCR'd the first few pages, I saved them as RTF, then imported them
into Xy (using SA/RTF), and so was able to create styles for several
of the recurring elements. With slight modification to fit the
somewhat different formats of the CRG, might they be useful to Bry in
his work on the CRG?
The real question is how on earth different versions of the docs are
floating about. I'm told the "real" Making the Transition is 150
pages; the thing I have is a booklet of some 22 actually printed-on
pages. It came with my first copy of Xy 4. I have to assume that those
who weren't so quick to upgrade got the real version. I don't
think--cannot be sure after all this time--that I was ever told of
upgraded docs.
--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx