Re: vDosPlus on a Mac

Thanks Mr M. I'll give it a try.

On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 5:12 PM, Edward Mendelson mailto:em36@xxxxxxxx wrote:
vDos and vDosPlus will never be ported to the Mac (they rely too much on Windows), but you can run them on the Mac by downloading this:

If you want to run vDosPlus instead of vDos, you’ll need to find the copy of vDos.exe deep inside the vDosMac application and replace it with a copy of vDosPlus (but you will need to change the name from vDosPlus.exe to vDos.exe). If you don’t know how to locate a file inside a Mac application, search the web for “Show Package Contents."

This is an experimental project that comes with absolutely no support. I don’t know if it will work with XyWrite, but it can’t hurt to try. It’s a reduced version of my vDosWP for the Mac project: http://www.columbia.edu/~em36/wpdos/vdoswpmac.htmlhttp://www.columbia

If it doesn’t work the way you want it to, just delete the vDosMac application and the vDosDisk folder that it creates inside your user folder