Re: Off-topic Mouse and browser

Step 1. Instead of entering the command sa or st, enter also the
filename itself. If that works, then:
Step 2. Create a subdirectory called temp in the directory in which your
XyWrite is located (typically c:\xy4).
Step 3. Call up your file startup.int and, after saving it as
startup.bak, put this line in (if it isn't already there).

{BX}Default DR=c:\xy4\temp{Q2) *;*

Save the file, quit XyWrite, reenter, and try again.

Let us know if this works.

Jay McNally wrote:

I had to reformat my Hewlett Packard computer's hard drive and am now having trouble using XyWrite. I've used XyWrite on this machine for 4 years with no problem, until now. I'm using Windows 98 and Xy 4.0. When I try to "sa"ve a file or "st"ore a file, I get an "access denied" error message. Does anyone know how to fix this? I asked the IT people here look, and they look at me as if I'm an alien creature. Jay -----Original Message----- From: owner-xywrite@xxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-xywrite@xxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Harry Binswanger Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2004 9:42 PM To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx Subject: Off-topic Mouse and browser Forgive me for bringing this topic here. I have a Logitech Cordless Mouseman Pro which seems only to work fully with Netscape 4.x. The problem is with the side (thumb) button, which operates the vertical scroll bar. I've tried later versions of Netscape, Opera, Mozilla, Firebird, and Internet Explorer--none of them recognize the side button, even though all other Win programs do. But I can't continue with Netscape 4.x because it accesses progressively fewer websites each day. If you don't have a suggestion, perhaps you can refer me to a general problem-solving website. Thanks for your kind indulgence. Harry Binswanger hb@xxxxxxxx
-- Leslie Bialler, Columbia University Press lb136@xxxxxxxx 61 W. 62 St, NYC 10023 212-459-0600 X7109 (phone) 212-459-3677 (fax)
http://www.columbia.edu/cu/cup