From: xywrite-bounce@xxxxxxxx
[mailto:xywrite-bounce@xxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Carl Distefano
Sent: Wednesday, December 07, 2016 11:52 PM
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Unicomp Keyboard with left function keys

Reply to note from Harry Binswanger  Wed, 07 Dec
2016
23:18:56 -0500

> For those who use PC, not Mac, AutoHotkey allows reprogramming
of any
> key to any series of keystrokes--and to much, much more.

I second Harry -- and will add that, for reprogramming keys,
AutoHotkey is head-and-shoulders better than AutoIt (the latter,
however, being the superior general-purpose Windows scripting
language). My experience with AutoIt is that reprogrammed keys,
a/k/a hotkeys, wreak havoc with the system -- shifting keys
"stick" like crazy -- and the documented fixes are unreliable. Not
to mention that the syntax for setting hotkeys is byzantine. With
AutoHotkey, on the other hand, it's easy -- and, more important,
it works.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx