Re: 4DOS

Jordan:
  Strat has spoken to the DV compatiblity issue. In about a year of use, I
have never found a compatibility problem, but I don't use a wide range of
applications. If you find a problem, you can always revert temporarily or
permanently to DOS. I have a batch file that swtiches, on re-booting, between
running under 4DOS and DOS. I created it when I found problems with using
scanner software that I thought might be due to 4DOS. It turned out to be a
problem created by QEMM.
  As to DR DOS 5.0, I just read a review of it in InfoWorld and I was reading
it from the standpoint of how it compared to 4DOS. My conclusion was that DR
DOS is pathetic compared to 4DOS. 4DOS does maybe 10 really helpful things,
where DR DOS 5.0 does one or two.
  Take the plunge. It is painless.
  Harry