Re: VERSION 3.56

Never thought about it in that way! You are right about WP being hard to
trouble-shoot though. Although I have never tried it, i happened to hear
someone else trying to help a user out over the phone with a WP problem. Seemed
like a nightmare to me. I concur with you though about XyWrite being easier to
use, especially with alacarte menus. And if that isn't enough, you can
customize the helps the way you want them. I have often said, you could
customize XyWrite to the point that it would 'act' like any other word
processing package (though why anyone would want to is beyond me!) and I may
try it someday just to prove it can be done. Along a similiar line I have a
friend who is an attorney. When whoever sold the computers to his office they
never told the secretarys how to exit WP back to DOS! They had trained them to
TURN OFF THE MACHINE to get out of Word Perfect!! I AM NOT MAKING THIS UP! They
had also trained them to run WP from dos by typing \PATH\WP50 (ENTER)! That
might be OK if you only use your computer for ONE thing, but what happens when
you get a spreadsheet, communications, database, etc? With the plethora of good
menuing programs for DOS, that, to me, is in-excusable! Anyway, I said all that
I guess to agree with you in sort of a round-about rambling fashion. Sorry
about the discertation, but thinking about some of the kinds of people we have
out there selling and supporting PC's makes my blood boil.

 Remember,

 No matter where you go, there you are!

 ----John