Re: AW: Networks are for corporations and offices, right?

** Reply to message from flash@xxxxxxxx on Mon, 12 Jun 2006 16:04:33 +0200

> ≪Then you acquire a cheap router and ... ≫ set up your
> own web server, sell bogus tickets to the next Stones
> concert, get rich quick, and retire to Phuket.
> Yeah!

Phuket is much too glitzy now, ditto Kuta. Both used to be nice. And
Hikkaduwa is pooched (war). If that's what you want, something like Marbella
is easier. How about the south Atlantic coast of Morocco? Argentina is lovely
too, and cosmopolitan (despite too much red meat, badly cooked). Personally,
I'd head for Vietnam -- no security issues, great people, great food
notwithstanding the residue of poisons in it (by a wide margin, the highest per
capita incidence of permanent disability of any country in the world). With
our propensity for fomenting war and strife, nice places are fewer and fewer.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx