Re: Printing Mystery

Thanks. I will give that a try. Obviously, there is NO 2-way communication
between XY-4 and the printer -- XY-4 has no way of knowing what printer is
connected at the other end of that parallel cable. Ergo, there had to be some
line in the printer file that kept tripping that msg. Something must have
gotten changed (inadvertently) in the .PRN file. Maybe I overwrote the prior
HPLJ-4.PRN file when I upgraded to ver. 4.014 . . . ? Another good reason why
you should offer the facility to extract and install *specific, well
identified* files at upgrade time.

On my previous question, regarding the dysfunctional mouse, I forgot to mention
that I also upgraded to ver. 3.0 of the SUPER PC-KWIK POWER PAK not long ago.
That accounts for a lot of the junk you will see loaded High in my
configuration files. (In fact, there is only about 8K of High Ram left un-
filled -- not enough to be of further use. Therefore, I pretty much can't use
MOUSE.SYS, and have to load MOUSE.COM in conventional memory.) If any of that
makes a difference . . . .