Re: ...greatest keyboard(s)...

Get the great macro program AutoHotkey. It's free here:
http://www.autohotkey.com/

Download and install it. After lauching it, you'll see an icon in your Tray
that looks like a white H on a green background. Right-click on it, then
choose "Edit This Script." That will bring up, in Notepad, the current
(default) script, a file ending in .AHK. To that script, add this line at
the bottom (or make it the only line in the script--your choice):

RCtrl::LWin

That will make your right Ctrl key function as the left Win key
(alternative assignments are your option).

To make it take effect, the first time, after you've saved the altered .AHK
script, right click on the AutoHotkey icon in the Tray and choose "Reload
This Script."

That should do it. Test it by doing RCtrl (held down) d. That should
minimize all open programs (the equivalent of Winkey d. Doing that again
will make them all un-minimize.

Put a link to Autohotkey.exe into your Startup folder, and it will load
every time you boot up (let me know if you need help on how to do that).

Once you get comfortable with AutoHotkey, you'll want to use all sorts of
Macros with it--the simplest being things like

F2::Send M.W. Poirer
F3::Send poirmw@xxxxxxxx

AutoHotkey is one killer-app.

Speaking of the IBM Model M, I have such a keyboard. I recently retired it because of its lack of a Windows key. Is there a way of remapping the right Alt key on the Model M so as to convert it to a Win key? Or am I just completely off the mark with this question? Of course, I don'td claim to know much about computers. M.W. Poirier
Harry Binswanger hb@xxxxxxxx