Re: email-style italics

 So there you go. Your desires have been fulfilled, ...going both ways.
 For what more can you ask?

 M.W. Poirier

----------
On Sat, 9 Aug 2008, Carl Distefano wrote:

Reply to note from "M.W. Poirier"  Sat, 9
Aug 2008 16:34:18 -0400 (EDT)
I think that if you look at the U2 utility EMAIL, you will see
that it converts XY4 italics to what some of you want,
namely, _this sort of thing_.

I thought the idea was to go the other way: _this sort of thing_ to
this sort of thing or this sort of thing.

Since 2002, there's been a U2 routine that does it: EMPH2MD
(EMPHasis to MoDe). The usage is EMPH2MD xx -- where xx is
the XyWrite MoDe you want to convert to (BO, IT, UL, whatever).

EMPH2MD uses a Change-Verify (CV) procedure, because I found that
there are just too many ways to go wrong with a global change
(CH|CI).

Seek and ye shall find.

--
Carl Distefano