Re: wrist pains

What Bob Zimmerman says about the resistance of keys on a keyboard makes a
lot of sense to me. I had always wondered why I never experienced any
repetitive stress problems with my IBM Selectric II typewriter but then
ran into occasional problems with computer keyboards later.

(I need to add that I used to compose directly at the typewriter, lest
someone say that you don't write at the typewriter for long periods of
time the way you do at the computer--an argument, or rather, supposition,
that I once heard an ergonomics "expert" make.)

Carlo Caballero, Ph.D.
Research Associate
College of Music
Campus Box 301
The University of Colorado
Boulder, CO 80309

thyrsus@xxxxxxxx

"Let's face it: dead people are busier than ever."