Re: cut and paste

Morris--

When I work in a Windows program, there is always a task bar
at the bottom of the screen that shows all the programs I
have open. At the moment, the bar contains icons for
solitaire, xy4dos, excel, email, modem connection, and
Netscape, and I don't have to minimize the program I am
using in order to click on any of them.

Do you have such a bar? If so, the trick is to RIGHT click
the xy4dos icon, click edit, then click paste. The selected
text should go right to the cursor position in whatever file
you are working on in xy4dos, with no need to open an empty
file (unless, of course, you want the copied material to
constitute a new file of its own). Using this procedure, I
have not had any material show up on the command line.

Hope this is some help.

Judith Davidsen