Re: (O.T.) Win 98 CD

Norman Bauman wrote:

> That's funny. When I looked there for my Product Key in Win98, it wasn't
> there. It worked like you say, but without an entry for Product Key.
>
> This could be very useful if you had a computer, the startup disks, but not
> the product key (which in my case is printed on the cover of the little
> Windows manual I got with the computer), and you wanted to install Windows
> on a larger hard drive, or delete the old OS and start all over.

Almost certainly it is in there. However, there have long been keyless, NO s/#
distros of these operating systems . . . presumably right up to XP. They are
intended for the IT Dept. administrators at large enterpirse customers, where
there is a need to deploy hundreds or 1000s of workstations as efficiently and
expeditiously as possible. But I tend to doubt you have stumbled across one of
those.

Jordan