Re: parellel ports

The extract below is from the UK National Archives:

The machine-breaking disturbances that rocked the wool and cotton
industries were known as the 'Luddite riots'. The Luddites were named
after General Ned Ludd or King Ludd, a mythical figure who lived in
Sherwood Forest and supposedly led the movement.

Paul