Re: Outline view in NB8 (trial version)

** Reply to message from Correo Fenda  on Thu, 20 Apr
2006 10:24:13 +0200

Ah, you mean Frameworks... Well I'm sorry, but there
are a few things I just don't do:
 house painting
 vacuuming
 outlines
The NB list might be good for this question... However, since you were kind
enough to supply the actual key assignments (possibly the first person in the
history of NB discussion to do that!), I followed your instructions, created an
outline per your description -- and did not see truncated letters! What you
describe, however, was a very common problem in XyWin, caused by the rasterizer
DLL, and solved by wider interline ("leading") spacing, or the use of embedded
command  AutomaticLeading=1. Check the value of VA/NV AL... The problem
is (or was) confined to display only, printing was fine. The difficulty with
the solution is that changing the leading _does_ affect printed appearance (so
you'd probably want to change it back at print time).

Still... I can't reproduce what you're seeing. Using Times New Roman... all
letters appear "whole", including letters that drop below the "baseline", like
j/y/p/q/g.