Re: VERSION 3.56

chris --
 I counter-suggest that your VP of marketing be required as a condition of his
or her job to regularly monitor this board (and the other major XyWrite forums
on boards like Wicked Scherzo). Speaking as a passionate XyWrite loyalist *and*
as senior writer at Fortune mag, I must say that XyQuest's marketing is, well,
unimpressive. And the notion that paricipants -- *paying* participants yet! --
in a company-sponsored BBS should have to write a marketing director who
should, if intelligent, be thrilled by the opportunity to monitor customer
reactions -- well, the idea just makes me foam at the mouth! You've got a great
product; I just wish XyQuest knew how to market it.
 P.S.: I join the chorus of those who cherish the auto-replace feature -- a
must for anyone who takes notes by computer while interviewing people on the
phone. i.e., every journalist who uses your product, for starters. Surely the
patent holders have a price, and if the price is too high, then reverse
engineering may come to seem affordable.
 P.P.S.: I don't mind waiting for ver. 4.0 for improvements, but I do hope, as
someone did earlier, that XyWrite will add a built-in command stack a la 4dos,
and a memory-management feature to eliminate the need for SWAPDOS. These are
both important changes to many of us run-of-the-mill users who couldn't care
less about WISIWIG and fonts but routinely spend 10 hours a day in a Xywrite
environment.
 -- sps