Re: Saving PDF File With Xywrite

** Reply to message from  on Mon, 7 Feb 2005
07:20:48 -0800

> I'm making edits in three places in all the files.

The fundamental question (because the solutions vary accordingly) is whether
your edits are insertions that enlarge the file, or whether, after editing, the
total file size remains the same. DEBUG is useful in the first instance, not
in the second.

Question Two: are the edits always at the same byte locations in the file? If
so, it's a piece of cake to automate. If not -- if you have to eyeball it to
find the right place --- or if there is no unchanging code that always
*precedes* or *follows* your edits (i.e. that would allow a robot to find the
spot) --- then I guess you're stuck and have to eyeball it.

Yes, of course, I meant that it isn't the venue to pursue it further, once we
establish that XyWrite is of no use.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx