Re: DOSiX hoax? Must we?

Reply to note from "..."  Wed, 22 Oct 97 02:17:37
+0000D

-> Your claim of relevance notwithstanding, how about, "let's
-> discuss OSiX with the DOSiX newsgroup and xyWrite with the
-> xylist?" With all due respect, my reaction when I read your
-> first msg was kneejerk: Anybody who expects to find reliable
-> OS info on the 'net deserves all the grief s/he gets. Trade
-> mags are online and their survival depends on timely reporting
-> of *credible* news. Nothing I see in the xylist charter
-> mentions OSes.

Annie:

I won't defend my claim of relevance beyond saying that some of us
who use XyWrite as an interface to multiple OSes are interested in
such developments. I will remind you, however, that you are not the
arbiter of what is relevant to this list and what is not. Your
periodic harangues on the subject are tiresome. A fact of life on
mailing lists is that some threads are more interesting to some
subscribers than to others. The reality on this list (in case you
haven't noticed) is that people are going to talk about topics, more
or less Xy-related, that are interesting and relevant to them.
That, in my opinion, is as it should be. Barring serious
divagations from relevance or decorum (which, in any event, are
Nathan's province, not yours), grousing about such discussions is
like complaining about the weather -- and about as gainful.

Carl Distefano
CLDistefano@xxxxxxxx
http://users.datarealm.com/xywwweb/