RE: Advice pls: buying a new PC

Reply to note from "Tom Robertson"  Sat, 18
Sep 1999 12:09:38 -0400

-> Look at building your own system.

Or having someone do it for you. I built my current system myself,
and, though I don't regret it, in retrospect I can't honestly say it
was the most efficient use of my time. The great advantage of
building to spec (aside from knowing exactly what's inside the box)
is that you can shop around for the lowest price on each component.
I figure I saved $500+ that way. It requires research (use aids
like Computer Shopper and www.pricewatch.com), but in the end the
effort pays.

Carl Distefano
CLDistefano@xxxxxxxx