Re: xy and Linux

Dear Manuel,
This is what I did. On a win 98 machine, I installed Xy III. Then I
created a multi boot following instructions for DOS 6.2 (5+ may work,
too.) This booted themachine first in dos to a menu where I could select
Xy or win98.

The next step was installing linuxs. I used Corel Linux, a Debian
offshoot. I installed a second hard drive, partioned into quarters. I
installed Corel into one of the second hard drive partitions. Corel
installed from win98. I could have had Corel installed on the primary
hard drive as well but elected to go with the second hrd drive. I can
access Linux via the boot menu or win98.

The boot menu is established in config.sys and it reads"
[menu]
menuitem = linux
menuitem = wind98
menu item = pen

then in autoexec.bat
:Linux
CD g:\
G:
cd g:\cdl
startcdl
gotoend

:pen
cd c:\ed
editor

there's a lot of other stuff in autoexec and but its just the command
used for each program.

I don't try to get to Xywrite from win98 or Linux. I boot everythng
seprately.
The DOS manual under multi boot has a lot of other options.

Good luck,

ralph