Re: Programming challenge: Undo

And don't forget Robert's SBS. SideBySide. Edit a single file in two
(or more) places simultaneously (in different windows); merge or
discard changes at will. I use it daily.

I'm famous here for user-error, but . . .
The help for SBS says that a change in one window will automatically show up in the other when you toggle to it. But it doesn't on my system.

Here's what I'm doing.

1. I open an existing file; it comes into window 1.
2. I run SBS, which reports: Edit windows=2+1
3. I toggle to window 2 (using function AS).
4. I make an edit in that window.
5. I toggle back to 1, where I see no edit from window 2.

I also tried making an edit in 1, but it did not show up in 2.

What am I missing?

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx