Re: `power' v wp xyW (long!)

On Tue, 13 Jun 1995 LESLIE319@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> Well, well, well, well, well. What a flame!
> > In the immortal words of the Nets' Derrick Coleman, "whoopee
> damn dee." I'll let Annie speak for herself, as I am certain she will, but
> for myself, I will just say I have been called a lot of things, but this is
> the first time I have been linked with the likes of middle-aged Wagnerian
> romantics who dress up in combat fatigues and imagine they are defending the
> Constitution they would actually destroy.

[paragraph deleted]
> > And you might try learning some XPL--who knows? You might actually learn
> to like tinkering with your XyWrite instead of taking such smug
> satisfaction in your ignorance. Now go eat a donut, assuming you can calm
> down look enough to distinguish it from an XPL routine, and flame some other
> list.

Leslie:

My cardiologist frowns on my eating donuts, as well as on my
getting riled up, but thanks for the suggestions. It just seems
to me that people here keep wanting TTG to turn XyWrite into a
Swiss Army knife, when all it ever has been described as is "a
versatile, powerful word processing tool.*" *--XyWrite 4.0
Installation and Learning Guide

If programmers happen to find it helpful, all well and good. But
there already are other programming tools out there. Should we
be going after the developers to turn them into word processors?

As for flames, kindly take a look in the mirror.

--Marv Katz