Re: TYP and XY3

** Reply to message from Paul Breeze  on Sun, 6 Feb
2005 12:21:28 GMT

> Robert, is it possible to disable the TY command in XY3 (and XY4, for that matter).

Not if you hit the eXeCute key in Xy3! If you hit the , sure -- the
command can be trapped and neutered. In Xy4 you can redefine all the built-in
commands. Read the manual! Gotta just retrain your fingers -- or else...
think thrice.

> Do you happen to recall, or does anybody else on the list,
> whether there were any XY3 postscript printer files?

Of course! Many. http://www.xywrite.com They're not going to help you print
to a USB printer, though. When I mentioned "a dedicated PS printer file for
your HP1000", I did NOT mean a Xy3 PRN! I meant a Ghostscript printer driver.
Look for one here:
 http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/doc/printer.htm
or
 http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/doc/AFPL/devices.htm
or
 http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/doc/cvs/Devices.htm#Win

But I wouldn't get your hopes up for an HP1000, because it's the bottom of the
LaserJet barrel, and nobody would be likely to spend time writing a driver for
it. The MSWINPR2 device works! So you wait 13 seconds. Big deal.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx