RE: "The Best Software...."

RE:

** Reply to note from xywrite@xxxxxxxx Tue, 29 Dec 1998 19:50:16
+0900

> That is why reports of the imminent death of DOS leave me fairly cold,

I have read reports that Win98 does impose some barriers
to the use of DOS programs that were not present in Win95 (which seems
to run them perfectly well). Does anyone have experience or
understanding of this issue? True or not?

---------
Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx
---------

I have installed XyWrite 4.017 and Win 98 on about four machines from 486s
to 450 mhz Pentium IIs and have had no problem except for one installation
that occasionally gets a black, non-functioning screen and I have to reboot
to fix the problem. When the owner of that machine finds his original disks,
I well reload XyWrite and see if that fixes the problem.

Other than that, I see no problems running XyWrite 4.017 under Windows 98.

TR...