Re: A quick question...?

"M.W. Poirier" wrote:

>  (A XY4.018 question)
>
>  In the hectic pace at which I work I often find myself uninten-
>  tionally pressing the wrong key(s) when in a footnote or endnote,
>  and I lose the entire note, ...sometimes a rather long note. Is
>  there a way to recover the note that has been lost in this fashion?
>  I have noticed that there is nothing to undelete, since this is
>  not viewed by the programme as a deletion. But can it be made to
>  be viewed as a deletion?
>
>  In advance, thank you.
>
>  M.W. Poirier

I haven't really made use of footnotes / endnotes, so I don't know the
answer to this, but I'm amazed that such a simple error could make text
just disappear. That doesn't seem characteristic of Xy. This ignorance
may be a byproduct of not really knowing how the Notes feature works. I
was always confused about that business with the 1/3 window, which said
something like 'Hit F3 to Close.' I mean, what the heck was that partial
window anyway ? A real, "ordinary" window, only sized way down ? Would
it have shown up in the Active Window Directory, assuming you could look
there while the window was still open ? Are you sure there's not still
some window open (that maybe you aren't aware of) where this text
continues to live, until you Quit Xy ? Or perhaps it is still there
somewhere -- in EXPANDED Mode -- but you can't see it unless you looked
there.

Jordan