Re: XyWrite from a zip?

At 07:57 AM 12/19/00 EST, Peregrine@xxxxxxxx wrote:
>The trickiest thing, I think, would be in the boot sequence. XyWrite works
>best for me when its directory is included in the PATH line of AUTOEXEC.BAT,

I thought the problem with using a Windows program on a portable medium is
that Windows has all those DLL and other files all over the place. No?

With XY-Win, I see no problem, other than that the ZIP system disk decides
a drive name each time you use it, so you would have to modify your
startup.int file a little sometimes.

As a minimalist solution, how about just carry af *floppy* with XY3? At
least you know that the floppy drive is almost always a:.

-- Rene von Rentzell, Tokyo
-- "Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong." (Oscar
Wilde)