Re: Windows 10 considerations

Well,

3. Advertising Data We Dont Collect
Unlike some other platforms, no matter what privacy options you choose, neither Windows 10 nor any other Microsoft software scans the content of your email or other communications, or your files, in order to deliver targeted advertising to you.

since I use gmail (which is so good) and since I do allow it to scan the content of my email, I guess I am a lost cause. I mean, I would prefer if it didn't scan the contents of my email, but it doesn't really bother me if it does. Perhaps that knowledge that it does has prevented me from making some stupid statements that I otherwise might not have. I do think that anyone who thinks anything they do on a computer connected to the internet is really private is nuts.

Furthermore, if it is true that Intel chips have for some time have had built-in 3G capabilities . . . . . then it doesn't matter whether you are connected to the internet or not. They know what you're doing!

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-1816242/secret-intel-chip-snoops-backdoor-access.html; eudora="autourl"> http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-1816242/secret-intel-chip-snoops-backdoor-access.html

http://www.techeye.net/chips/intel-responds-to-always-on-3g-processor-conspiracy; eudora="autourl"> http://www.techeye.net/chips/intel-responds-to-always-on-3g-processor-conspiracyIntel's 3G capabilities have been discussed since 2013. I mean, given that, who cares what MS collects? Our machines are not private at the hardware level. If anything in those articles is true - - I can't tell!