Re: new to Tame

Reply to note from billtroop@xxxxxxxx Tue, 03 Dec 2002 00:32:17 +0000

> Yes. I've only just started using them in the past couple of
> months, but they have worked perfectly well, until I started
> using Tame. I can't imagine why Tame would cause a problem.

Neither can I. The first thing I'd do -- in line with Robert's
suggestion -- is disable Tame, restart Xy, and see if the problem
with Log/Resume persists. If it does, then, obviously, it's not
Tame that's causing the problem.

If you load U2, you might also try SAVESESS, our (command-driven)
answer to Log/Resume. If SAVESESS works but Log/Resume doesn't, it
would be very odd indeed, because, at bottom, they do the same
thing. That would suggest a corruption of the MeNU+DiaLoG file
system, rather than anything to do with Tame. Do other menu-driven
functions work under Tame, or are they broken too?

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx