Re: moving TAME settings from one computer to another

I never see those problems re the updates (being able to shut down despite not having installed them), but I have MS Updates set to 'Notify Only', rather than auto-download or auto-install.  That's because quite a few of them have proven to actually be quite injurious.  A few of them I've had to hide -- repeatedly -- because they keep coming back, sometimes under new names.  Sneaky, sneaky.  MS has been going to some lengths to keep people from saying 'No.'   I'm now maintaining a database of what each KB is, for future reference.  Win 10 removes the choice to Opt Out of updates, an instant deal-breaker for me.  (I'm seriously tired of the work it can take to recover a system that has been hosed by one MS Update or another.)

Re formatting in Gmail, I do see anomalies that I can't account for, chiefly microscopic text when emails are printed out, or text that gets overlaid on top of other text, or both.  This is straight up in Win 7, no Xy or Tame involved.  I'm doubting it is a Win 7 thing either, but rather probably has to do with some Gmail settings I don't know about since I don't really make much use of Gmail.  (If someone cares to enlighten me here, please have at it.)

   Jordan

From: Lynn Brenner
To: "xywrite@xxxxxxxx"
Sent: Wednesday, November 11, 2015 11:12 PM
Subject: Re: moving TAME settings from one computer to another

Please give me the link to download vDosXy that will work for Xywrite 3.57.
I can't attempt it tonight - it's actually almost 2 a.m. here, and I'm punchy from hours wrestling with Windows 7! But as soon as I can, I'll try it.

I don't know why Tame isn't working for me in Windows 7, but clearly it isn't. None of Xywrite's formatting is available - when I try to underline or bold text, for example, I get a fleeting message in the command line about headers and footers.

(Getting xywrite to work is the most important issue for me,  but not the only frustration. My formatting options in Gmail seem to have vanished in Windows 7 -- and none of the solutions offered online has fixed that. And I'm still trying to get the damn OS to shut down without installing updates, even though I've told it to let me decide when to install them. Apparently when there are updates, shutting down without installing them isn't an option, as it was in XP. )

Ah well, it was ever thus. I've yet to change operating systems without these travails, and eventually I've always managed to get the new one working smoothly.

Lynn