Re: glitch putting Xywrite on Windows XP

I launch Xy from a desk top icon.

When you say the short cut in the properties dialogue should be %systemroot%\system32\cmd.exe /c e:\xy\solve.bat

I want to make sure I understand where to put this line. When I click on the Program tab in the shortcut icon Properties, it shows me

Cmd line: E:\xy\editor.exe
Working: E:\xy
Batch file:
Shortcut key: None
Run: Normal window

Do I insert %systemroot%\system32\cmd.exe /c e:\xy\solve.bat at Batch file? At Shortcut key?

Or do I click the 'advanced' box in shortcut Properties, where I find two lines under Windows PIF setting, and replace one or both of them? They currently say:

autoexec filename: %SystemRoot%\System32\AutoExec.NT
config filename: %SystemRoot%\System32\Config.NT

Thank you, this is very helpful!

Lynn

On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 10:30 PM, Carl Distefano mailto:cld@xxxxxxxx wrote:

Reply to note from Lynn Brenner mailto:lynn.brenner.nyc@xxxxxxxx Wed, 3
Aug 2011 17:53:38 -0400

Lynn:

> @echo off
> path %PATH%;e:\xy
> editor.exe

Your BATch file is correct. BUT: you say you "rebooted" after saving
the BATch file to e:\xy. If you mean you rebooted the computer,
there was no need to do that. What you need to do is use the BATch
file to *launch XyWrite*. One way is to open a CMD session (Start >
Run > CMD.EXE) and at the command prompt, enter
E:\XY\SOLVE.BAT
(case doesn't matter).

If you are launching XyWrite from an icon on the Desktop, make sure
the shortcut (in the Properties dialog) is:

%systemroot%\system32\cmd.exe /c e:\xy\solve.bat

OR

%systemroot%\system32\http://command.com /c e:\xy\solve.bat

Hope this helps.

--