Re: A Real puzzler

Reply to note from Harry Binswanger  Sat, 14 Jul
2007 23:15:52 -0400

> Why not try it? I don't think it can hurt anything. You might
> start by trying one of the older U2s that didn't require any
> Registry installation (that's not the Windows Registry, just an
> ordinary text file that let's each user lay out his settings
> for the U2's use). Hmmm, how would one get that old of a U2?

There should be no need to. I'm virtually certain that the VA=
operator that powers the XyWWWeb REGistry file was in place when
Signature was released. Given the probabilities that VA= works in
Sig, the only sensible advice is to install the latest version of
U2.

Anyway, to be frank, the whole discussion is a waste of time. If
the user is interested in U2, he should upgrade to v4.018, period.
I, for one, am not willing to be drawn further into a conversation
about whether and to what extent U2 works, or doesn't work, with
Signature. It's ridiculous.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx