Re: OT: Password generator

Kari,
... while I see the point of this as an XPL programming exercise, it just might be akin to reinventing the wheel.
True enough. But it's my wheel, and it has some unusual spokes -- a
bespoke wheel.
There aren't many password utilities that work from the Windows
command line, and none that I know of that sends the password directly
to the clipboard. The existing programs seem to place a limit on
password length, and on the set of characters that can be included in
the password -- mine doesn't. And mine allows the user to set the
randomization seed, so that passwords with morphological variations
can be generated using a fixed set of randomized characters. (Say that
ten times fast.) And I can safely say that mine is the only one that
will output the password to a XyWrite window. (XyWrite is my password
manager. I store my rarely-used passwords in a text file, using strong
inline encryption.)
By the way, GenPass.exe is written in AutoIt, which uses the Mersenne
Twister randomization algorithm. It would be folly to try to write
this in XPL.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx