Re: Showing value of a s/g

Carl,
I guess our posts crossed in the either.

You wrote:
So, of course "VA/NV @50" always returns a blank PRompt;
if you can issue the command, there is necessarily no program
running and S/G 50 is non-existent.

Yep, that's what I learned.
There are tools in U2 for capturing and viewing the runtime contents
of S/Gs: XPOLL and XRAY. If you want to view S/G contents
immediately before a program EXits

Yes, that's *really* what I had in mind. Or what I should have had in mind.
use XPOLL, as in
XPOLL framename arg or XPOLL RUN MYGREAT.PM

Just tried it, and I love it. Thanks.
If you want to view S/G contents at any point *during* execution,
use XRAY; follow the Help-screen instructions for embedding XRAY
statement(s) at the desired checkpoints in your code; issue
HELP XRAY for details.

Yes, I've used XRAY, thanks.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx