Re: mac filing system

the way maqc handles pictures and email (badly) is also a factor. Also the price difference between a new mac and anew del.

andy t

----- Original Message -----
From: mailto:fw1948@xxxxxxxxFred Weiner
Subject: Re: mac filing system

Raphael,

I'm not sure whether my experience will be instructive; I run WinXP in VMWare Fusion on a Mac Mini, OS X version 10.6.1 (Snow Leopard), which boots and shuts down in seconds and works like a finely tuned machine (the OS, that is). VMware allows sharing of folders so anything on the Mac can be made accessible to the virtualized environment (WinXP). A shared folder can even be assigned a drive letter in Windows. It's all accessible to XyWrite 4.011 in my set up, though of course, there's not much use for binary files. My only gripe is that I have been unable to display XyWrite full screen, in the way it had been displayed in the old DOS-only days; instead, I have a display box that takes up a little less than half the screen, looks beautiful, works flawlessly.

The Windows vs. Mac arguments are like political, or even religious ones: unresolvable due to fundamentalist belief systems. In my experience with both, I like the ease of use and stability of the Mac much better, especially since there are solutions now allowing me to use XyWrite effectively.

Fred Weiner