Re: OT: End Note ?

 I have experience with Library Master (DOS version)
 and Papyrus (also DOS version), but not with End Note.
 Papyrus can be obtained for free off the net, and
 Library Master is now a Windows programme. It is
 quite expensice, and is the best of the two, and
 perhaps the best of all of the citation programmes.

 I also have experience with NotaBene for DOS's cita-
 tion programme called Ibidem. You will not be able
 to find this, I fear, unless you have an old copy
 of NotaBene for DOS, which contained Ibidem. Alter-
 natively, you could buy NotaBene (Windows).

 If what you want in a citation programme and you are
 using XYWrite 4.018, then have a look at the U2
 macro FISHOUT. It is not specifically designed for the
 management of citations, but it does a quite good job
 of doing that. You create a citation database with
 with XY4. It is just a normal file. Then all you
 need do is search the database by writing Fishout
 on the comand line, followed by the term that you are
 looking for, and it will cycle through all of the
 entries containing that term. When you find the one
 you want, you press ENTER and it pops into your document.
 All you need do then is add the page number. FISHOUT
 is almost as good as NoteBene's (DOS) Ibidem or Papyrus.
 I say "almost" because it does not distinguish between
 a footnote citation and a bibliographic entry, but you could
 arrange to have it do that by creating two databases,
 one for footnote entries and a second for bibliographic
 entries, and depending on which one you want, have
 Fishout search database one or two. I've used all of
 the above, and I find Fishout as useful as any. It
 only requires a little planning, but everything requires
 planning.

 M.W. Poirier

-----