From: owner-xywrite@xxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-xywrite@xxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Patricia M. Godfrey
Sent: Monday, February 13, 2006 5:25 PM
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: xy3-spain to xy4-uweb119

Correo Fenda wrote:
> notary public (I don't know if this word is OK for American English).<<

Yes, we have the word, though the office is, I believe, rather more
limited here than in Europe. Here notaries just stamp documents to
certify them official. From what I recall of continental literature, I
think they have more powers on your side of the pond. (British
colloquialism for the Atlantic.)

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx