Re: No more XP lag with Tamedos

At 12/26/2004 09:33 PM -0500, Robert Holmgren wrote:
The goal here is to isoate the one line, and then the one instruction, that causes
the window toggle.

Here's my current startup. (please let me know if you spot any errors):

BX DEFAULT DR=C:\XY\Q2 ;*;
BX LOAD C:\XY\SETTINGS.DFLQ2 ;*;
BX LOAD C:\XY\XY4.KBDQ2 ;*;
BX LOAD C:\XY\XY4.MNU+C:\XY\XY4.DLGQ2 ;*;
BX SETP 1Q2 ;*;
BX LOAD C:\XY\XYWWWEB.U2Q2 ;*;
BX DSORT F,EQ2 ;*;
;*;
BX LOAD C:\XY\PERS.SPLQ2 ;*;
NR BC BX DIRQ2
RESULT: XY comes up in Window 2, and that window is blank. The DIR display is in Window 1.
1. I rename Startup.int (disabling it) and the program comes up in Window
1. I restore Startup.int and the program comes up as described above.
2. I REM out TAME from Autoexec.nt and the program comes up in Window 1. I
restore TAME and the program comes up in Window 2.
3. Working up from the bottom of Startup.int, I put  at the beginning
of every line, then save the file, then quit, then restart XY. When I get
to *BX LOAD C:\XY\XY4.KBDQ2* and disable that, the program comes up in
Window 1. (I then restored that line and disabled, IN TURN, each of the
lines above it. With each of those moves, the program ALSO came up in
Window 1.)

So, now, first, I have to debug the XY4.KBD file. What's the best method here?

Thanks.

Michael Norman

So either something in Xywrite

When you say you come up in Window 2, where is the DIR display that you created
-- Window 1 or Window 2?