OT: Re: A Critique of Word & Co.

Patricia M Godfrey wrote:

> the latest version of the
> free Acrobat Reader requires you to have IE 5.01. Thus, though it claims
> to be compatible with Win 98SE, SE comes with I.E. 5.00, so you cannot
> install Reader 6 unless you have "upgraded" to the latest Redmond
> Rubbish.

Oh, that reminds me. Do you (or anyone else reading this) happen to
know what is the latest version of I.E. that is compatible with W98 SE
? Also, what is the latest version of Windoze Media Player that will
work with SE ? I'm guessing that some of the later versions of these
would NOT be compatible, because they were designed for a 32-bit
operating system. I.E. is now at version 6, I think, and WMP is up to
ver. 9.

Jordan