Single-sided

With the single-sided disks, I had trouble finding anyone with
double-sided disks who would even exchange disks. At the time I was told
that single-sided was so *primitive* that they were the next ghi
things to manual typewriters. I remember giving my ss disks to
news organizations that had double-sided drives and being told they
couldn't do anything with them. Since I was new to the use of computers,
anything anyone told me seemed logical. Now I know that I was about
as floundering as they were.
   To answer the question, I wonder if w someone using a single-sided
disk is at a disadvantage if the purpose is tocommunicate using the
machine? That's what my comment was about.
   Mymachine is in perfect condition. It works beautifully. So
it wouldn't need any repair, just reconditioning.
   I still have my working disks with files on them, created on
the CP/M system. Could I ever salvage them to use on DOS?
   As I'm writing this my stomach is spinning. I've just come
from hours at the Boys Club carnival on Irving Park just west of
Western. Great rides! But with two boys and a husband who hates
carnival rides, I ended up going on too many, too quickly, and
I'm wondering whether I'll be spinning in my sleep!!!
   If you know anyone who likes carnival, this one goes on
through June 23.