Re: Emulators etc (veers O.T.)

--- On Mon, 8/3/09, Peter Cassidy  wrote:

> From: Peter Cassidy
> Subject: Re: Emulators etc
> To: xywrite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Date: Monday, August 3, 2009, 10:31 AM
> Correct. VMWare is not an emulator -
> more of an OS and processor traffic
> cop. The OSes are executing natively.

Either way, and just for the record, there can be limitations, though
maybe not any that would matter to anyone else here. For example, I've
been told that the I/O systems of eCS and Win are sufficiently
different that it would not be possible to run a number of media apps
(such as DVD-Shrink) in a guest OS running under the former. (A few
Linux apps in this category have been ported over, but that is another
story.) If anyone has contrary info on this, I'd very much like to
hear about it, offline.

 Jordan