Re: Lexmark printers

At 03:50 PM 2/10/2007, J R FOX wrote:
I don't remember now whether I did much Xy printing to
speak of, even while that printer was connected to
something. My Xy printing has always been b&w, text
only, and for that the LJ-4 was always quite
sufficient. But the LJ-4 is connected to a mid-tower
system that was long due for a complete overhaul --
new Main Board, the works -- and that tandem has seen
little use itself for quite some time. Hopefully the Lexmark you ordered is still a real
printer, as opposed to a Win-printer.

Jordon,
I think the "win" printers are almost always ink-jets; this is a mono laser. And I think the win printers don't emulate PCL, but I could be way off here, and no doubt our printer expert, Patricia, will weigh in. I agree; best to try an HP4 printer file first. I'm going to use HP4-PLUS and will report the results. Could work fine on LPT1.
michael.norman@xxxxxxxx