Re: Deleting Files

Reply to note from Harry Binswanger  Fri, 23 Apr
2004 22:16:56 -0400

> Or is it that you don't know how to shell out to DOS under
> program control? If the latter, the XPL pseudo-code is:
>
> dos /c del *.*

Not quite. You need, at a minimum, switch /NV to avoid the
"Suspending XYWRITE" PRompt, which halts everything until the users
types "Y" or "N"; and preferably also switch /Z to avoid the "Type
EXIT" prompt in DOS. See my earlier post in this thread.

Your pseudo-code is misleading insofar as it conflates 3-byte
functions (BX and Q2) with embedded statements (). What are
those pseudo-guillemets doing around the functions?

There's a straight-forward way to convert XPL into rational,
readable pseudo-code: DeFine it and issue PSEUDO. Paste
the result into your e-mail.

P.S. If I recall correctly, Brian is a Xy3 user. If so, BX...Q2
(and the /NV and /Z switches) won't be relevant to him.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx