Re: DESKJET 500

Clarence, the answer to your question is simple. For all HP printers, we do not
send out a file until the actual printer arrives in-house. From there the
printer file is tested by the individual who writes the file, for all internal
as well as cartridge and soft fonts available. In the meantime, that same
individual is in the process of writing a multipage application note for using
that printer with Xywrite. Application notes for the HP printer line have
proved to be very helpful and valuable for the typical Xywrite user. Once the
note is completed, it is reviewed by all members of Technical Service, then
forwarded to Documentation for review and final printout. By the way, the
individual writing the file works a telephone shift which covers more than half
the day, and that same individual has several other responsibilities.
Hewlett-Package is kind of exceptional because of the number of user's with
this brand name printer. We would like to insure that the printer file we
provide is exceptional. I would be glad to accept a copy of your file on the
board and make a comparison and get back to you with any specific differences.
Please send it to the attention of SYSOP and I will receive it.

--Jim Jefferson