Re: Ignorant XY-Win questions

** Reply to note from "Bob Brody"  Sat, 7 Dec 1996

> Haven't noticed as yet if there's a setting in
> xwset.dfl for auto-replace. Is there?

Nah. No need. It's a toggle. Just set it once, e.g. in XWSTART.INT,
and forget about it -- if you want it always on. "Set it" means a
single iteration of func AZ occurring in the file... See Manual p.5-19
note #5.

Hate to say this, but -- if you like GPFs, you're gonna love XyWin. No
airbags in the driver's seat. Incessant crashes whenever you try to do
anything slightly out of the ordinary kill all the fun for me (thank god
for OS/2, otherwise it would be C-A-D over and over and over -- as it is in
Win95 when my publisher makes me use it, almost daily -- I keep looking for some way to
kill individual processes that have locked up under Win95, but can't find it).
I rely on Xy4DOS, an excellent robust debugged product, which has optional graphic display
if you really need it. XyWin is a port of Xy4DOS by coders who weren't really
adept with Windows, and made many mistakes. Xy5 offers hope that some of
these will be remedied.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx