PROCOMM SCRIPT FILE

Harry, here is the current version of my Procomm Plus script file, which I've
modified to hopefully run under 2.4.X. It runs under 2.4.2, although I'm sure
there's something I haven't thought of.

This has been tested using a Rolm Modem Pool. All the Rolm junk has been taken
out of it, so it hasn't been tested completely in its current incarnation. It's
possible it still has some bugs because of that. All I did was to cut out the
Rolm-specific junk, so I believe it should work.

I still haven't been able to find my manual for Procomm, so I wasn't able to
include a version of the auto log file code. My pcplus version creates a log
file dependent on the current date, and puts it in a subdirectory where I keep
the BB files. The script commands that do this are part of pcplus, and aren't
recognized under 2.4.2. I have put in a line that asks for a file name for the
current log file. It will store everything in this log file, no matter whether
there's anything new on the board or not. You might want to put in a
-More-conditional statement after

 WAITFOR "No new messages" 2
 IF WAITFOR
 TRANSMIT "^M"

that will delete the log file if there are no new messages. A hazard, since it
wouldn't appropriately save material that was directed to you, I would suppose.
(I don't get a lot of messages directed to me, since I don't leave a lot,
preferring to lurk in the dark and read everyone else's. Thus, it hasn't been
tested well with messages directed to me.) Anyway, in PCPlus, you could use a
RUN statement or a DOS statement to do this (RUN "del "s1), but I have no idea
whether this exists in Procomm.

I am revising this program to allow unattended message and file uploads as an
option, but I don't know whether it will back-migrate to Procomm, if it ever
does see the light of day. I'll let you know.

Good luck. If you have any questions, give me a call at xxx-xxx-xxxx (days) or
xxx-xxx-xxxx (nights). You can also (of course) leave me a note on the board,
or on CompuServe.

Daryl
-More----------------------------------------------------------------------
       CUT HERE AND SAVE AS XY.CMD (or whatever)
 TRACE OFF
 MESSAGE "FILE FOR LOG?"
 GET s1
 WHEN "Do you wish to Delete this msg(Y/N)?" "N^M"
 EMULATE ANSI
 PAUSE 1
 LOG OPEN s1
 TRANSMIT "^M"