Re: Different bytes same result

Funny you should mention that, Kari I make a lot
of use of Notepad++. I see that it has encoding
options, but a confusing array of them, and I
don't know how I would effect the changes
necessary. I experimented a bit and got even more confused.

The file I'm now working with, and will be for
some time to come, is XML and says:

None of the options under encoding, including
"Convert to ANSI" gets rid of things like: ’
and ’ (if those come across in these email--if
not they are "a" with a hat, the Euro sign, then
the first one shows a trademark symbol and the second has the elided oe).

Any suggestions?

--Harry

You could accomplish this in a more straightforward manner with some modern editor with encoding support, like EditPad Lite or Notepad++. Best regards, Kari Eveli LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland) lexitec@xxxxxxxx *** Lexitec Online *** Lexitec in English: http://www.lexitec.fi/english.html Home page in Finnish: http://www.lexitec.fi/