Re: new computer XY-DOS

Reply to note from Myron Gochnauer  Mon, 26 Jan 2015
18:24:43 +0000

> I would suggest that we try to achieve the following objectives:
>
> * enable easy DOS-prompt access to XyWrite and other DOS
> programs (such as WordPerfect)
> * provide reasonable screen and font sizes for Xy
> * allow XyWrite keyboard settings and key combinations to work
> as expected
> * enable the use of W4W filters
> * give read/write access to at least one directory available to
> Windows
> * provide a convenient way of dealing with long filenames
> * enable printing using Xy

VDosXy does all that and more. No installation, no "tweaking" of
Windows required. Just download the files into a directory, take 5
minutes to configure, and you're in business.

The overriding advantage, of course, is that we can run our favorite
dinosaur DOS programs alongside the latest 64-bit Windows offerings,
without virtualizing an earlier version of Windows solely in order to
accommodate the dinosaurs.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx